Here are the questions for Roger’s Quiz this week – answers to Roger by Thursday!
- Think about that book in the Bible with 150 entries. To how to these does ‘Pointing’ apply?
- Who in around 634 landed at Lindisfarne Island and was one of those who bought Christianity to our land?
- On which Holiday Island would you be if you had landed at MAHON?
- What is the National Sport of Canada? It is not hockey.
- What is Jambalaya?
- What in MPS is the speed of light?
- Which species of Penguin is found near to the North Pole?
- Which Yuletide Village is found in Surrey?
- Which ‘Dames’ were found in Lavender?
- Which Aeronautical Co. Built the ‘Javelins’?
- To where did some of us in times past go on Easter day to worship as the sun came up? It is not Newark Priory.
- Who is this— xxx the Terrible ? Gain extra points for dates!
- Where in New Haw could you see a Row of Poplars?
- Who’s maiden name was Yvonne Golagong?
- From which beast would we obtain ‘Pressed Tongue’?
- Multiply the no. of Rolls in a Bakers Dozen by the length of a Cricket Pitch. Add to this the no. of Books in the Bible. Subtract the no. of pence in an Old Pound. Multiply by the number of wheels on ‘Del Boys’ Company Transport. Square it. And finally add the age of the man who says we should all take our daily exercise. What’s the answer?
- Which is the Cat that can out run all others?
- Name the Hospital that was sited in Pyrford and that specialized in ORTHOPAEDICS?
- Find the name of this piece of Piano Music– BESTLIEMUAR?
- Where locally might you see a ROUTEMASTER and what is it?
This week’s edition of Heathervale Baptist Church community news is available here.
To help keep us busy, Roger has started providing a weekly quiz. Week one was circulated by email, but here are the questions for week two. Answers to be submitted to Roger by Thursday.
- Who was Abraham’s 2nd wife?
- In 1533 who did Henry the 8th divorce and marry Anne Boleyn? – Full name required.
- Where might you hear about ‘Rockall’?
- Decipher the following to find the name of a local Golf Course. AISIDTTRNO
- Which Veg, has varieties of: Figaro & St. Valery?
- What is known by the electrical fact that Current in a circuit is equal to the Potential Difference ( Voltage) applied divided by the opposing Resistance being met? It is someone’s law.
- What is the largest FISH in the seas?
- Give the name and location of the two Abbeys within 5miles of New Haw?
- Which ‘Cowboy’ do you think of when you hear the William Tell overture by Rossini?
- Back in the days when we rode bikes! What did ‘Sturmey’ Archer’ and ‘Miller’ manufacture?
- What is the major religion of Japan?
- From which local road would we have accessed an Open Air, Swimming Pool? The buildings are still there!
- There are two Castle/ Monastery’s sitting on Tidal Islands one in France and one in the UK with very similar names. What are they called?
- What game did Chris on the ‘Eggheads’ say was a lot of overpaid men kicking an inflated ‘Pigs Bladder’ around?
- What tasty snack would ‘Emrys Jones’ a wonderful founder member of HV probably enjoyed? He married the widow of the first minister of our church.
- Number 10 on the Periodic Table is what gaseous element?
- Which very large ‘Raptor’ is now often seen in the Sky’s above New Haw?
- Where might you find a lot of Rabbits in New Haw?
- How can you tell that an upright piano is an ‘Overstrung’ one?
- What is the major difference between the type of train that would take you from Woking to Bournemouth and one that would take you from Woking to Exeter?
Please find the video recording of this Sunday’s service here.
(This link will expire when we record next week’s service.)