Who We Are
At Heathervale Baptist Church we are a community of people who have a desire to meet together to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ which we want to share with others. Our desire is to be a visible and vibrant family of God’s people, making a difference in the lives of those in our local community.
We are part of the worldwide Christian family of God. We are part of the Baptist Union and of the South Eastern Baptist Association.
Please visit the BU website to find out “Who are Baptists”
Helping people to make a journey to know and love Jesus Christ.
We seek to be a Christ-centred, Spirit-filled church family of all ages that reflects the age profile of our local community and that brings transformation to our community through what we say, what we do and through signs and miracles.
- that God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and in final judgement.
- in the trinity of God, that God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are united in the Godhead.
- that the complete, unaltered Holy Bible is divine revelation and is supreme in authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- that mankind is fundamentally sinful and therefore out of relationship with a holy God.
- in the full deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His real sinless humanity whilst on earth, His death on a cross, His bodily resurrection and His present reign in heaven.
- that redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin is only possible through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
- that through acceptance by faith of the redemptive work of Jesus Christ we are accepted as righteous in God’s sight and we receive eternal life as a gift of God’s grace.
- that the Holy Spirit is allowed to work in our lives so that we grow in Christ’s likeness, in character and behaviour.
- that we are part of one worldwide, universal church acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord.
- in the future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge all people and receive those redeemed in Jesus Christ to eternal glory.
Find us on Facebook